Our Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions shall apply to the agreement.
1. While your goods are in store you have free access to your unit during our published opening times.
2. If your hire charge is not paid when it is due a late payment charge equal to 10% of the hire charge will be made.
3. You are responsible for ensuring that your unit is locked at all times when you are not in attendance. We will not be responsible for locking any unlocked unit.
4. You will permit us (and our agents and workmen) to enter the unit if we give you not less than 7 days notice so that we may inspect it or carry out repairs, maintenance or alterations to the unit or any other unit or part of the site to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions or for any other purpose.
5. We may enter the unit at any time without notifying you (if necessary we may break the lock to gain entry):
1. If we believe the unit is being used in breach of these terms and conditions;
2. If we are required to do so by the police or fire services, local authority or council order;
3. If we believe it is necessary in an emergency;
4. To obtain access in accordance with conditions 8 and 9 below.
6. We confirm that the goods you are storing in the unit are of your own property or that the person who owns or has an interest in them has given authority to you to store them in the unit.
7. You may use only the unit for storage, you must not store (and you must not allow any other person to store) anything in the unit which is dangerous , illegal or may be a nuisance to us or the users of any other unit or do anything on the site or in the unit which may invalidate any of the insurance policies (or those of any other unit users) or increase the premiums.
8. If you do not pay the hire charge on the due date or the late payment charge or either, we may exclude you from the unit and we may break the lock, whether or not we have exercised our right to terminate the agreement. Exercising our right to exclude you from the site and unit does not affect your obligation to pay your unpaid or future hire charges or late payment charges.
9. If any part of the hire charge or late payment charge is still outstanding one month after the due date then we may:
1. Give you written notice that we may remove all the goods in the unit if you have not paid all outstanding amounts due in full within 7 days of the posting of that notice by us to you at any address given by you.
2. On expiry of the notice remove all the goods in the unit to a saleroom or any alternative storage facilities that we may decide without incurring any liability for loss or damage to the goods from such removal.
3. Charge you the full cost of removing the goods from the unit and costs of sale.
4. Sell the goods on your behalf and pass good title to them and to use the proceeds of sale to discharge all outstanding costs and other charges due to us. If the proceeds of the sale are insufficient to discharge your outstanding liability we may take any action we consider necessary to recover the outstanding amounts.
5. Treat any goods not sold as abandoned and destroy or otherwise dispose of them.
10. Either you or we may terminate the agreement by giving not less than two weeks written notice and termination will take effect from the expiry date of that notice.
11. We may terminate the agreement immediately by giving you written notice if you are in breach of any term of this agreement.
12. On termination of this agreement you must leave the unit clean and empty. We may charge you if we have to clean the unit or dispose of any items left in the unit. Any items remaining in the unit after termination we may treat as abandoned and may dispose of any of them in accordance with 9(iv) and (v).
13. We do not insure your goods whilst in the unit. Storage of goods in the unit is at your sole risk.
14. 14a. We shall not be liable for any loss (including consequential or economic loss) or damage to the goods stored in the unit, whether or not the loss of damage is due to any act or omission, negligence or wilful default by us or any of our servants or agents or other customers; nor shall we be liable for any consequential or economic loss or damage to the goods. Any other representations, conditions, warranties and other terms, whether written or oral, express or implied, statutory or otherwise which are or may be inconsistent with this condition are expressly excluded.
14b. The exclusion of liability in paragraphs 13 and 14 does not apply where the damage suffered by you is a direct result of our negligence or wilful default or that our servants or agents and which causes physical injury or the death of any person.
15. This agreement shall not create a tenancy