Our complete guide to self storage
What is self storage?
Until I started working for 1st Self Access Storage Ltd I had no real idea what self storage meant.
I'd personally used an old farmer's barn to store my possesions mid-move and i'd seen various storage buildings up the M3 corridor but I had no real idea what the industry was up to. Indeed "only 48% of the public have a good knowledge of self storage" according the Self Storage Association.
Self storage really means renting some space on a temporary basis to solve whatever current need you may have.
Why use self storage?
- Self storage is a convenient way of storing excess 'stuff' you may have in your house
- You may be selling and buying a new house and need temporary storage
- You may be running a small business and need to operate somewhere on flexible terms
- You may have recently seperated or lost a family member and need to empty a house
- Your garden shed may be damp and unsecure and you want your sports kit nice and safe
How does it all work then?
- Choose your location. We operate in Cardiff, Salisbury and Birmingham. Click here for our locations
- Choose your storage unit size. We generally have good availability of sizes in each of our locations. Sizes range from 10 - 250 sq ft. It's always best if you can to have a look at your unit before you move in.
- Pack your items and simply bring them to us
- Move in. We do some brief paperwork including taking a copy of some photo ID and first month's payment
See you soon!